DiplEd, PhD, MBA, FAICD
Centre for Animal Biotechnology
The University of Melbourne
Vic 3010, Australia
Telephone: + 61 3 8344 4441
Mobile: 0402 584 108
Facsimile: +61 3 9347 4083
JP Scheerlinck publication list
CAB Cellular Immunology
Society for Immunology
Allergenix Pty Ltd
2009-Present: Director, Centre for Animal Biotechnology, The University of Melbourne (Australia).
Deputy Head of Department (Faculty of Veterinary Science, Parkville)
20032009: Director, Centre for Animal Biotechnology, The University of Melbourne (Australia).
20002005: Business Manager and Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Animal Biotechnology, The
University of Melbourne (Australia).
19962000: Project Leader, CSIRO (Australia).
19941996: Post-Doctoral Fellow, The Walter and Eliza
Hall Institute (Australia).
19921994: Post-Doctoral Fellow, International Livestock
Research Institute (Kenya).
Jean-Pierre is the author of over 50 articles
in refereed journal and is a member of the Australasian Society for
Immunology and AusBiotech. He sits on the Editorial Advisory Board of " Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology". Jean-Pierre is also a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
2002: MBA(Technol Mgt), Deakin Univ., Australia (Distinction).
1992: Doctor of Sciences. VUB, Belgium. (Cum laude) Thesis:
"Scrutiny of subunit immunogens".
in Biol and Biotechnol. VUB, Belgium. (Highest distinction)
Diploma of Education. VUB, Belgium. (High distinction)
Master in Zoological Science. VUB, Belgium. (Highest distinction)
- Regulation of immune responses and lymphocyte recirculation
- Development of protein and DNA vaccines
- Animal models for human diseases
- Infectious diseases
- J Van der Velden (PhD, Started 2008) Study of chronic asthma in sheep
- A Vujanic (PhD, Started 2008) Mechanism of induction of the immune response following lung vaccination
- J Ravichandran (Hon, 2007) Activation of sheep dendritic cells by CpG motives in vivo
- H-H. Yen (PhD, 2006) Modulation of Immune Response to DNA
vaccines in sheep.
- R. De Rose (PhD, 2004) Immune response following DNA vaccination.
- J. Uilenreef (MSc, 2000) Cytokine responses in Johne's Disease.
- M. Riffkin (PhD, 1997) Immunoregulation by Trichostrongylus
- T. Van de Putte (MSc, 1993) Immunity to Theileira parva
in young cattle.
- P. Stass (MSc, 1991) Computer modelling of the peptide MHC interactions.
- A. Geldhoff (MSc, 1990) Antigen presentation.
- Scheerlinck J-P. Y, K. J. Snibson, V. M. Bowles, P. Sutton (2008). Biomedical applications of sheep models: From asthma to vaccines. Trends Biotechnol 26, 259-266.
- Yen H-H. and J-P. Y. Scheerlinck (2007). Co-delivery of plasmid-encoded cytokines modulates the immune response to a DNA vaccine delivered by in vivo electroporation. Vaccine 25:14, 2575-82
- Scheerlinck J.-P. Y. (2001). Genetic adjuvants for DNA vaccines. Vaccine 19:17-19, 2647-2656.
- Gerondakis S., A. Strasser, D. Metcalf, G. Grigoriadis, J.-P.
Y. Scheerlinck and R. J. Grumont. (1996). Rel-deficient T cells
exhibit defects in production of interleukin 3 and granulocyte-macrophage
colony-stimulating factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 93, 34053409.
- Lucas R., S. Magez, R. Deleys, L. Fransen, J.-P. Scheerlinck,
M. Rampelberg, E. Sablon and P. De Baetselier. (1994). Mapping the
lectin like activity of tumor necrosis factor. Science. 263, 814817.